Published on December 29th, 2015 | by Kim0
Apollo VTube 4.0 Review | Vape Mod Review
If you’re ready for sub ohm vaping in a kit where you get every single thing you need – then the Apollo VTube 4.0 is for you.
Massive clouds, quality construction, and a fair price is also what you get and in this Apollo VTube 4.0 review, we’ll check out this kit and tell you a little more about it and what to expect.
Specifications of the Apollo VTube 4.0
- Wattage: 5-50 Watts Resistance: Down to 0.2 ohms
- Spring-loaded pin to prevent connection problem with atomizers/clearomizers
- Made of Stainless Steel
- Removable top cap
- Popular 510 AND eGo threading
- Lock feature prevents accidental activation
- Simple 3 button setup
- Resettable puff counter
- Real time display showing battery life, wattage setting, voltage output, atomizer resistance, and your current puff count
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Vented removable battery bottom cap with a spring loaded solid copper contact for battery tension
- Uses 18650 batteries to provide maximum battery life in between each charge
- Includes FREE shipping for US customers, 30 day Money Back Guarantee, and a Limited Lifetime Warranty
The Apollo VTube 4 – What’s So Special?
The cool thing about the Apollo VTube 4 is that seriously, you get everything you need in the kit – including E Liquid.
The new Apollo VTube 4.0 is an upgraded tube style E Cigarette outfitted with the latest and best technology.
Apollo is developing some phenomenal electronic cigarettes and the VTube is the latest in a long line of innovative, high quality E Cigarettes.
I know when I first read about it I was ready to state that all you needed was E Liquid but it even comes with a bottle of that.
You can literally open everything up and vape the same day without having to go out and buy anything at all.
What Comes in the Box?
The Apollo VTube 4.0 Kit comes with:
- One VTube 4.0 advanced technology E Cigarette
- One subohm tank of your choosing
- One Panasonic 18650 PF battery One Trustfire battery charger
- One 30 ml bottle of Max VG E Liquid (either Fa-Q or Lindbergh)
- One Apollo carry case
The VTube 4.0 has variable wattage settings from 5 watts all the way up to 50 watts making it a great choice for sub ohm vaping on atomizers with resistances as low as 0.2 ohms.
You can remove the top cap from the Apollo VTube and the bottom cap is easy to attach and detach.
From a pure physical engineering point of view, the VTube is very powerful and the engineering aspects are exact.
Apollo really thinks of the little things that in practical terms are actually big things when it comes to what you want in a device.
How Does it Look?
The Apollo VTube has a really classy and expensive look to it.
The stainless steel is classic and timeless and what is cool is that while it does exactly what a box mod does, it has an entirely different look that gives you something else aesthetically.
The buttons works really good and the screen is an ideal size that is easy to read.
You’ll probably also like the dimpled exterior which not only looks nice but makes it easier to handle and easier to grip without dropping it.
The VTube 4 features a copper spring loaded pin, so you won’t have any issues with any tank you put on this mod.
There are quite a few sub ohm tanks you can use on this, which we’ll go over later so you have a few examples.
The V-Tube 4 comes also has an ego threading, so the device can either be used with 510s or your standard ego threaded clearomizers.
The VTube is a regulated mod and comes with several integral safety features such as:
- Short circuit protection
- Low voltage protection
- Battery venting holes
Speaking of Tanks
Here are a few sub ohm tanks that you might enjoy with the Apollo VTube 4:
- Aspire Atlantis. Aspire’s Atlantis 2 is the new, upgraded Atlantis. This innovative tank system brings improved adjustable airflow, 3ml capacity, an optimal cooling system design on drip tip and Sub Ohm coils that provides best and extreme vaping performance. The new tank will help Vapers experience purer taste and bigger clouds than the previous model. Aspire’s Atlantis 2 Tank design is easy to carry, install, and refill.
- Kanger SubTank. The Kanger Subtank Mini Clearomizer is a brand new revolutionary tank from Kangertech. It’s smaller than the Aspire Atlantis, yet has a larger liquid capacity of 4.5ml. The Subtank uses the new sub ohm OCC (Organic Cotton Coil) coils, Kangertech’s newest innovation. It performs like a sub ohm dripper but offers the convenience of a large capacity tank. The Organic Cotton Coils are made with Japanese Cotton, have a unique square shape and are said to have a longer life span, a larger heating section, and a purer taste. The sub-ohm Coil provides incredible vapor production and flavor.
- Horizon Arctic. Arctic Sub-Ohm Tank by Horizon Tech is the tank you have all been waiting for. You can use the new Bottom Turbine Dual Coil 0.2 ohm atomizer to power up to 100 watts (sold separately). You will experience taste and vapor production like no other tank on the market. The Arctic Sub-Ohm Tank also features a cooling system which will keep the tank and drip tip cool even when pushing 100 watts. The tank features 4 adjustable airflow valves. The tank produces an incredible amount of vapor with all four valves open.
- Smoktech VCT Pro. The VCT Pro by SMOKTech is a new sub-ohm capable tank by SMOKTech. The VCT Pro is an upgrade over the original VCT. The VCT Pro features a redesigned unique drip tip with an adjustable airflow valve for improved vapor and heat reduction. It also features an adjustable airflow valve with wide airflow slots for incredible airflow. The VCT Pro uses dual vertical coil atomizer heads available in 0.2 and 0.6 ohm. These atomizer heads features rectangular shaped intake holes which allows it to wick thicker VG based e-Liquid. The atomizer heads use pure organic cotton and resistance wire produced in the USA for amazing taste and flavor.
There are a few mods that you might find similar although we think this really has the best deal.
However, these examples might give you an idea of how the Apollo VTube 4 performs.
- ProVari. The ProVari is a microprocessor controlled electronic vaporizer that lets you adjust the voltage in seconds with just a few button presses. Now you can dial-in the perfect settings for your atomizer, cartomizer and e-liquid. The ProVari has a regulated output which keeps the voltage the same with each puff regardless of your remaining battery power. As the battery drains the device will keep the voltage consistent giving you the perfect vape all day long.
- Helix. The Helix was designed by Cisco and is the first personal vaporizer to use the larger 26650 battery. The massive mAh rating on the battery with the imr chemistry means that it will not simply provide enough power to keep you vaping for days, but also for most of that time it will be discharging at 4V+.
- Empire. The Empire PV MOD is an all mechanical custom machine made Personal Vaporizer (PV) made right here in the USA and the first production started in 2011. It has a native 901 connection that the Drip Shield accessory was designed for. Manufactured from aircraft grade 20/24 Aluminum for its quality, low maintenance requirements and light weight. Named for its likeness to the Empire State Building, The Empire is one of the most versatile devices on the market today.
Why We Think It’s Great
The main selling point of the Apollo VTube 4 is that it has all you need for a great price.
For a little over $100 you get a quality mod like variable wattage settings from 5 watts all the way up to 50 watts making it a great choice for sub ohm vaping on atomizers with resistances as low as 0.2 ohms.
But even better is the fact that while you can buy a mod for around the same price, you’re not going to get the entire kit which includes the sub ohm tank, the battery, the charger, a carrying case, and even the E Juice to fill it.
Just a Few Minor Things
We are really impressed with this device. As with anything though, there are always a few tweaks that could make it perfect.
The wattage scrolls on the screen and does take longer than we’d like, but it’s a minor thing.
The length is also a tad longer than we’re used to, but again, this isn’t something major and it’s definitely not something that would make us not want to buy or use this device.
All in all, we really love the Apollo VTube 4.