Published on December 30th, 2015 | by Kim1
Aspire Pegasus Review | Vape Mod Review
An awesome box mod that can sub ohm with the best of them, the Pegasus allows you the ability to charge ahead at 70 Watts of output.
A nice array of features are loaded into this device, which also happens to be crafted to ergonomically fit your hand; making it perfect for those extended periods of cloud-filled pleasure.
Capable of handling between 0.2 and 5.0 ohms of atomizer resistance, powered by replaceable 18650 battery, and charging is done through Micro USB pass through – making this box mod one really desirable device.
In this Aspire Pegasus review, we’ll look at all it has to offer and why it’s a favorite.
Features and Specifications You’ll Love
- Capacity: 3.5 ML
- 91×45mm (H x W)
- Output Wattage: 1 ~ 70W
- Resistance Range: 0.2 ~ 5ohm
- Changeable 18650 Li-battery
- Micro USB charging and pass through
- Temperature warning
- Low voltage step down protection
- Low resistance and short circuit warning
- Automatic display adjustment
- Low battery indication
What is the Aspire Pegasus Like?
The Pegasus delivers power up to 70 watts in normal mode and up to 70 watts in temperature mode, all in a sleek and classy device that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand.
The battery compartment allows users to swap their batteries on the go making the Pegasus a wonderful combination of functionality and convenience.
Build and Aesthetics
The Aspire Pegasus has a sleek look that is stylish yet classy.
It comes in three different finishes – Brushed Slate, Brushed Brass, and Brushed Chrome.
Each look is slick and contemporary and the ergonomically made fit is perfect to carry around with ease.
This box mod has a floating 510 connection and an adjustment gear at the top.
The fire button is large and comfortable and rests on the top side where you can easily access it.
The display is large as well and makes it easy to see, and the micro USB port is nicely outfitted on the side underneath the display instead of on the bottom.
This makes it easier to leave standing up while charging.
You can also use the Pegasus Charging Dock.
The perfect charging station for your Pegasus mod; the charging dock looks great, gets the job done, and goes anywhere! Designed for sturdiness and convenience without lacking style.
To use, simply attach the mod to the charger, plug it into the Micro USB charging cable, and you’re good to go.
As far as batteries go, the days of sealed batteries are over. Now you can change out your batteries quickly and conveniently so no matter what you can enjoy your vape.
Speaking of the display:
- Voltage displayed to the hundredths
- Resistance displayed to the hundredths
- Wattage displayed in large easy to read numerals
What Comes in the Box?
- 1 x Pegasus Box MOD
- 1 x Aspire micro USB cable
- 1 x User Manual
How to Use the Aspire Pegasus
- Pressing the fire button for at least 4 seconds will cause the Pegasus mod to read the material of the coil automatically and change the mode between normal and temperature control. (Note: When attaching a new atomizer please be sure that the display is illuminated. If the battery is below half a charge, 3.6 volts, the Pegasus may take longer to switch modes.)
- The Pegasus provides the full 70 watts of power.
- To increase the temperature turn the gear to the left, to decrease the temperature turn the gear to the right.
- To increase the wattage turn the gear to the left, to decrease the wattage turn the gear to the right.
- If you turn the gear quickly the wattage will be increased or decreased in 10 watt increments.
- Temperature control (viable with Nickel and titanium coils)
The Aspire Pegasus comes with a few safety features that are nice such as:
- Too Hot. High temperature protection
- Low Resistor. Short circuit protection
- Over 12S. Cut off protection
- Low Battery Indication. Low battery message
- Check Atomizer. High resistance and no atomizer message
Use special caution when working with Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells, as they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled.
Make sure you have enough knowledge of Li-Ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells in charging, discharging, assembly and storage before use. Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface.
Never leave charging batteries unattended.
Do not use any rechargeable battery, as well as any battery charger, if any visible damage is present, as well as if the cell or charger has been stressed through mishandling, accidental or otherwise, even if damage may not be visible.
Always store and transport rechargeable cells in a safe, non-conductive container in a controlled environment.
Dispose of all battery cells and chargers in accordance to local laws and mandates. In short, be safe and responsible.
Tanks You Can Pair with the Aspire Pegasus
You most likely have a favorite tank that you use but here are a few suggestions on what to pair with the Aspire Pegasus:
- Aspire Triton. The Aspire Triton offers an exceptional RTA Atomizer System, making it one of the most desired tanks currently on the market. The Triton RTA is simple, yet very advanced since it offers ample spacing for a plethora of coil options. Eliminating any hassle, the Aspire Triton RTA was designed as a 4 piece system, making it easy use and build coils on.
- Goblin Mini RTA. Hotly anticipated, the world of vapers has been in a state of anxiousness awaiting its release! The Goblin mini RTA is tiny, yet utterly ferocious! A mini Pyrex glass RTA rebuildable atomizer from Youde, with deets so salacious very little info has been disclosed. Because a device this enticing had everyone wagging tongues and tails before much info has even been let out, specs were shrouded in top secrecy to avoid cloning. Yeah, it’s that hot. It boasts a 3ml tank that ranks in with the shortest height in known existence at 28mm, with a 22mm diameter. There are 2 “U-shaped” air holes. Airflow is directed in from the bottom of the device, via a specialized crescent-shaped vent that utilizes a pendulum airflow adjustment. 4 juice-feeding channels. Fully 304 stainless steel body, paired with a stunning heat-resistant Pyrex glass tank. Rumor has it, this little monster has even better airflow than the original Goblin.
- Billow V2 RTA. Revamped with upgrades upon the original Billow 1, the original 5mm e-juice tank has been retained, while the new and improved version flaunts a shorter height, with a 23mm glass section. The base and top cap of this beauty are 22mm, industry standard, so that it will fit flush on all 22mm mods. 2-piece chimney designed on the exterior with a new barrel and groove. Can be rebuilt, plus wicks and coils can be adjusted without having to remove the juice. Adjustable airflow ring with large airflow hole. Peek insulator for sub ohm handling. Wide bore delrin ring drip tip. Many consider this to be “best in class.”
What About Similar Mods?
There are always box mods that we can find that give you an idea of a comparison and here are a few:
- SMY 60 TC Mini Box Mod. This is a stunning variable wattage box mod that promises impressive power, advanced features, and a mini size! Boasting an innovative temperature control mechanism, with a temperature range from 200° – 600°F, it can handle watts between 5W and 60W, and resistance between 0.1 – 3.0 ohms. The exterior case is crafted of the finest aluminum and zinc alloy, with a carbon fiber battery cover; you bet this device is super durable! Magnetic battery door for top protection. Large LCD screen display. Powered by a single 18650 battery. 510 threaded/spring loaded top pin. Uses a Micro USB charging port.
- Sigelei 75W TC Mod. 75 watts is all you need to know; precisely with this device, we call it like we see it. Performance is key, and this device is like a stick of dynamite; it’ll blow your mind! 75 watts of variable, customizable vaping perfection. Precision and ultra-hi tech performance are its mainstay. Temperature control to get the best clouds and hits. Fires down to 0.05; designed for sub ohm heaven.
Impressive is a word we use a lot but hey, if it fits then why not? This device is an impressive, okay how about “sensational” box mod.
It has a super contemporary look and a ton of protection features that ensure more safety.
The features are many and Aspire has spent a lot of time making sure that this box mod has everything you want in one.
Just pair it up with your favorite tank and take advantage of the benefits you’ll find as well as the awesome clouds and flavor that it creates.
One Response to Aspire Pegasus Review | Vape Mod Review