Published on December 26th, 2016 | by Kim0
Cloupor Mini 50W TC Mod Review
If you’re looking for a powerful mod that is compact and has a ton of features then you’ll love the Cloupor Mini 50W TC Mod. In this Cloupor Mini 50W TC Mod Review, we’ll take a look at all of the features and benefits and see what makes it a mod that you will want to check out and own for yourself.
Features and Specifications
- Dimensions: 78.5mm x 37mm x 22mm
- Floating 510 pins
- Stainless steel 510 connector
- Takes one 18650 battery
- Magnetic back cover
- Output power: 1W-50W
- Output voltage: 0.5V—7.0V
- Joules range: 10-50J
- Mode: VV/VW/TC
- Standard resistance: 0.1-3.5ohm(VV/VW)
- Joules resistance: 0.1-0.5ohms(Ni) and 0.1-0.8ohms(Titanium)
- Temp Limit: 200-600 Fahrenheit and 100-300 Celsius
- Smart-auto Temperature Control
- Standard package comes with one silicone case
- Can be charged through standard micro USB port
- NO PWM, takes independent step up/down circuit design
- Multiple holes for ventilation
- Optional left and right mode reverse battery protection
- Over-charge protection
- Five colors available: black, hot pink, white, pink, dark orange, and dark blue
How Does it Look?
The Cloupor Mini 50W TC comes in five colors – black, white, hot pink, dark orange, and dark blue. This is a really nice surprise since so many mods simply come in black or silver, for the most part. The colors are quite vivid and the mod itself is sleek and slick for a classy look. You can choose to really stand out with the bright colors or go a little more subdued with the black or white one. It’s a really super mini size too. At just 78.5mm x 37mm x 22mm, it will easily fit in your hand or even your pocket. The paint is durable baked varnish so that it doesn’t scratch easily and will look like new for longer. It even comes with a high quality silicone case.
What Comes in the Package?
- 1 x Cloupor Mini Plus Box Mod
- 1 x USB charger
- 4 x Spare magnets for battery cover
- 1 x instruction manual
- 1 x VIP warranty card
- 1 x silicone case
Cloupor Mini Functions
The OLED screen is both clear and a nice size. Like most variable voltage/wattage E cigarettes, you have to get used to using the functions but once you do, it’s easy to work your E cigarette and this one is the same.
- The usual on/off function is there and is activated with 5 clicks of the fire button
- VV/VW is switched between by holding the fire button and the down button
- The display can be flipped by holding the fire and up button
- Display can be locked by holding both the up/down buttons simultaneously for five seconds
The screen itself displays the following information:
- Battery capacity
- Atomizer resistance (top left)
- Watt/Voltage output while vaping (in 0.01 increments)
- Main feature is the Watt/Volts setting which can be changed in 0.1 and 0.01 increments respectively
- When vaping main feature shows vaping time counter in seconds
So all the standard functions you would expect and they all work well. The watt/volt selection is good as well. It seems a bit slow at first but soon starts to speed through them if you keep the up/down button pressed.
Safety features are always important in any mod and the Cloupor Mini 50W TC has quite a few.
- Various error messages such as ‘Check Atomizer’ (when no atomizer is attached or has a tank attached below 0.45 Ohm or above 3.0 Ohm)
- Shorted – Atomizer shorts or resistance lower that 0.2 Ohms is detected
- Low Power – Battery power is below 3.2V
- Too Hot – The device has on-board temp sensor. Will sleep and display this message if over 60ºC
The Build and Functionality of the Cloupor 50W Mini
The Cloupor 50W Mini has self-adjustable floating hexagonal 510 center pins which makes the atomizer fit flush. It also uses a high quality SS 510 connector.
The 50 watts of power are strong and instead of PWM, the Mini has an independent step up and down circuit design, which brings real 1W – 50W wide ranges in output power. It supports atomizer resistance down to 0.1 ohm and has a Joules resistance of 0.1-0.5ohms(Ni) and 0.1-0.8ohms(Titanium). The temperature control for Ni200 and Titanium is very accurate. The Mini TC mode supports Ni200 and Titanium temperature sensing atomizers.
The smart auto temperature control is easy to use. After checking the atomizer, the Mini Plus will recommend a proper Joule automatically according to Fahrenheit and Celsius. To adjust the Joule manually, just hold the fire button simultaneously for five seconds.
Similar Mods to the Cloupor 50 Watt
Here are some similar mods that will give you a little bit of an idea of how the Cloupor 50W Mini might perform. Each is unique but here are a few examples:
- Kanger KBOX. Kanger KBOX is a fantastic vaping machine and is a favorite among cloud chasers with as a capacity to fire down as low as 0.4 ohm resistance. It allows users to choose from seven different outputs 8, 13, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 watts with just one simple click. It has an aluminum chassis for a longer lifespan and bigger heating element. The Kanger KBOX also has effective heat dissipation, intuitive LED lights, maximum compatibility with most atomizers and interchangeable battery socket. It’s a convenient starter vape for those looking to start vaping.
- Smok Xpro M65 Mini Box Mod. While most box mods are just plain shiny boxes, Smoktech took careful consideration of every chassis detail to enhance your vaping experience. The M65 has a rectangle, straight-angular shape with dimensions that fit right inside the palm of your hand. An extra large firing button, two adjustment buttons, and a bright OLED screen are aligned on one side, with the edges of the surface raised in a concave manner in order to prevent accidental button touches. The other side features a striped easy-grip pattern so the mod doesn’t slip out of your hand. On top of the mod is an adjustable spring loaded pin connector that’s compatible with 510 threaded atomizers. Five air holes are located at the bottom for excellent heat dissipation. The mod is wrapped in a finely crafted and elegantly finished aluminum/zinc alloy body.
- Heatvape Invader 50W Mini. Reinventing the concept of durability, good luck finding a MOD that can top this one! Made to handle a beating, a dropping, h2o submersion, contortion, and compression; chances are, it will survive. With a construction built of silicone, brass, and zinc alloy, this is the toughest device of its kind. Fires down to 0.1Ω for sub ohm, output ranges from 1W – 50W, and from 1v – 9.9v, with resistance capability from 0.1 – 1.0 ohms in temp control MODe and 0.16 – 2.0 ohms in regular MODe.
Atomizers to Use with the Cloupor 50W Mini
Like most vapers, you probably have your favorite atomizer but if not, here are a few suggestions you can use to pair with the Cloupor 50W:
- Kanger Subtank Mini. The Kanger SubTank Mini is the original sub-ohm tank that introduced an optional RBA head. This tank is versatile, appealing and well performing. It has a stainless steel construction, superior adjustable airflow delivery and capable of holding up to 4.5ML’s of E Liquid. Additionally, the SubTank Mini is highly known for its Organic Cotton Coil (OCC) heads that offers as low as 0.5ohm’s. Speaking frankly, the SubTank Mini is a vaper’s dream tank.
- Aspire Atlantis. Aspire Atlantis Sub Ohm Tank has raised the bar to new heights. This next generation tank system brings improved adjustable airflow and Sub Ohm coils that provides performance similar to even the best rebuildable atomizer. By enhancing Aspire’s Bottom Vertical Coil design Vapers will experience better taste and vapor production. Aspire’s Atlantis Tank design is easy to carry, install, and refill.
- Aspire Nautilus Mini. Aspire has created a new tank that provides optimal performance and superior vaping functionality. The Nautilus Mini is the next generation of tank systems. The revolutionary bottom vertical coil (BVC) will bring you the unexpected super pure flavor of e-liquid and the new airflow control valve will make the air flow control full of fun with a simple turn of the lower ring, you can adjust the airflow to your preference.
The Cloupor Mini 50W TC Mod has a lot going for it that you’ll really love. It looks nice, it performs well, and the price is more than competitive. If you’re a fan of the Cloupor line of products or if you’re new to the brand, you’ll most likely be more than satisfied with this mini mod.