Published on December 30th, 2015 | by Kim0
Heatvape Invader Mini Review | Vape Mod Review
The Heatvape Invader Mini is a little (hence, the name mini) device that allows you to abuse it and use it without worrying over tearing it up.
It has excellent performance, a unique look, and does pretty much everything you need to enjoy an excellent vape with tons of fluffy clouds and plenty of delicious flavor.
Specs at a Glance
- Variable Wattage: 1.0 to 50 watts in 0.1 increments
- Resistance: 0.1 to 2.0 ohms
- Dimensions: 31.4 x 39.4 x 4.06
- Weight: 7.7 ounces
- Connection: 510
The Heatvape Invader Mini is very innovative looking – it almost reminds you of a grenade due to its shape and ruggedness.
You’re not going to see much in the box – just the device itself and an instruction manual.
For some of you, presentation isn’t everything and when you get down to it, it’s all you really need anyway.
Heatvape Invader Mini Main Features
- Resistance range: 0.1-1.0ohm (temperature control mode), 0.16-2.0ohm (normal mode)
- 510 Threaded
- Perfect temperature control function
- Output power: 1 – 50W
- Output voltage: 1 – 9.9V
- Worked by 1 x 18650 battery (not included)
- Constructed from zinc alloy + silicon + brass
- Auto temperature control function
- Water, dust and shock resistant
- Product weight : 0.200 kg
- Product size (L x W x H) : 10.2 x 3.95 x 3.15 cm / 4.01 x 1.55 x 1.24 inches
What Comes in the Box
- (1) Heatvape Invader Mini
- (1) Instruction Manual
Like we mentioned, not much here to see, but it’s the device you’re after anyway.
The Heatvape Invader Mini is made out of zinc alloy and is covered in a silicone outer body.
Since it’s a water resistant device, you’re going to have to trade out a few things you may be used to like vents for the battery, a charging port, and an adjustable 510 center pin.
However, if you’re using a device and want something that can stand up to a lot of abuse, including water, this is a pretty decent tradeoff.
You can make your atomizers fit flush though with the adjustable top cap. Just unscrew it, make it loose fitting, flush mount your atomizer, then when it’s nice and fitted, turn the two back together.
Not too tight but just enough to be snug and fit. Also, should there be catastrophic battery failure, the silicone covering the buttons will pop off the let the pressure escape.
The OLED screen is bright enough to see well. It’s .69” diagonally.
The construction is zinc alloy and silicone, which is where it gets its ruggedness. It also feels nice in your hand. It has a textured feel and look to it that keeps it easy to hold on to.
Like mentioned, there are no openings at all, so it’s water resistant so even the OLED screen is sealed but there is a little feature that you might find handy.
The silicone around the up, down & power buttons were designed to break away if your battery vents.
The device comes in blue, black, and gray.
Function and Performance of the Heatvape Invader Mini
Since this is a clone of the DNA 40 chipset, it has a temperature control range of 200F to 600F.
It supports wattage down to 1.0 watts and all the way up to 50 watts in 0.1 increments. That is of course, 10 watts more than the DNA 40.
You’ll find a couple of ranges of coil resistance: In normal wattage mode, the Invader supports from 0.16 ohm to 2.0 ohm and in temperature control mode (TC), it supports from 0.1 ohm to 1.0 ohm.
It remembers your coil resistance as well as detects it automatically. What it does is ask you when you change atomizers – is this a new coil setting or the same one.
There are a few devices that are similar although not as many that are water resistant. Here are some similar devices to the Heatvape Invader Mini:
- Vaporshark rDNA 40. The Vapor Shark rDNA 40 Advanced Personal Vaporizer is a truly revolutionary new device by Vapor Shark. This remarkable device is an absolute game-changer. It is furnished with the most advanced electronic cigarette technology to date. With a screen size 30% larger than the previous models, the new Vapor Shark rDNA 40 is furnished with the groundbreaking new Evolv 40D circuit board.
- iPV4 Temperature Control 100W Box Mod. The IPV4 from Pioneer4U is at the forefront of the new generation of low-cost temperature control box mods. With its advanced Yihi SX330v3c chip, the IPV4 can regulate the temperature of pure nickel wire coils and make dry hits a thing of the past. Set the system on “Joule Mode” and input your desired max temperature (for instance, with Japanese Organic Cotton, a max temp set below the ignition point of 410° is desired) and vape without ever worrying about constantly re-dripping or burning your wick.
- Sigelei 150W Box Mod. The Sigelei is the box mod for you if you want to blow fat clouds. It’s also for anyone looking for an ultra-reliable, stoutly-built mod with lots of features and adaptability. Sigelei packaged the 150w with the high end SX330 chip. With 2 30amp 18650 batteries installed this box mod will put out a monstrous 150 watts on builds as low as .1 ohms and as high as 3.0 ohms.
How to Use the Heatvape Invader Mini
- Power on: Click Fire button 5 times to turn on the device.
- Locked Mode: Click Fire button 5 times within 0.7 seconds to lock the device. When locked, the device will not fire and the output power will not adjust accidentally. To unlock the device, just click Fire button another 5 times within 0.7 seconds.
- Max Temperature Adjust Mode: In Locked Mode, hold “+” button and “-” Button simultaneously for 2 seconds to enter this mode. Once this mode entered, the max temperature will be displayed. The “+” button and “-” are used to adjust the max temperature. To save the chose temperature setting and exit, press the Fire button.
- Stealth Mode: In Locked Mode, hold Fire button and “-” simultaneously for 5 seconds to enter Stealth Mode. To exit this mode, press Fire button and “-” simultaneously for 5 seconds. (This setting is stored to internal flash memory, and remains if the battery is removed)
- Right Mode and Left Mode: In Locked Mode, hold the Fire button and “+” button simultaneously for 5 seconds to flip the display. This allows for maximum flexibility, as well as accommodating left handed use.
- Power Locked Mode: Hold “+” and “-” buttons for 2 seconds will place the device in Power Locked Mode. In this mode, the MOD will operate normally but you will not be able to change the power output setting. Hold “+” and “-” buttons for 2 seconds to exit the mode.
- New Coil Up Same Down: When connecting atomizer to the device, if it’s new, click “+”. If it’s same old one, then click “-” to keep the setting.
- Auto Shut Off: With no atomizer the device turns off after 2 minutes, with an atomizer installed the device will turn off after 50 minutes. When it shuts off the settings will go to default, so it’s VERY important to note how to properly use this device. Simply turn the device off to keep your settings, if you plan to set it down for more than 50 minutes. We all know most of you don’t put these down long enough to experience this, because we are the same way! TURN OFF: Push the fire button for 5 clicks.
Best Atomizers to Use on the Heatvape Invader Mini
The atomizer you use is a personal choice but here are few that you might like to pair along with it.
- Kanger SubTank Plus – OCC / RTA Sub Ohm Atomizer. The 4th generation SubTank from Kanger, the Kanger SubTank Plus combines the ease of use of the SubTank Mini with the size and power of the original Subtank. Like the Mini, the SubTank Plus transforms from a convenient 1.2 or 0.5 ohm tank atomizer to a powerful RTA in three quick steps. Also like the Mini, the top cap, glass tank and metal tank frame on the SubTank Plus unscrew as a single piece to expose the deck. This allows you to switch out the OCC assembly with the included mini RBA in seconds. And, since the OCC assembly and mini RBA are the same height, there’s no need to replace the center tube as was necessary with the original SubTank.
- Arctic Tank by Horizon. Supports a wattage range of 10 – 100 watts, uses a bottom turbine dual coil in 0.2 ohm, and coils feature 100% USA Kanthal wire and organic cotton.
Coils to Use
Here are a few coils you might like.
- SMOK GCT VCT Nickel Coils
- Vaporshark Kangar Upgraded Dual Nickel Coils
- Horizon Arctic Ni-200 Nickel Coils
If you want a durable, water resistant device that gives you up to 50 watts of amazing power, this is the device for you.
This mini mod has almost everything you need and for the few missing things, it’s only due to making it great for outdoor use so it’s not really a loss at all.
Toss this one in with your fishing gear, heat outdoors, or wash your car.
It has power, looks nice, and gives lots of cloud production and flavor so we give it a thumbs up.