Published on December 30th, 2015 | by Kim0
Horizon Phantom Sub Ohm Tank Review | Vape Tank Review
The Horizon Phantom Sub-Ohm Tank is the evolution of the Arctic Sub-Ohm Tank, introducing a two chamber liquid storage system, holding a tremendous 5ml of E Liquid while improving upon the extraordinary performance of Horizon’s coil systems.
In this Horizon Phantom Sub Ohm Tank review, we’ll look at what makes this tank a real winner and why you will want to try it out too.
A Quick Rundown of the Horizon Phantom
The two chamber liquid system features a mechanical cooling design that also doubles as a splash proof and liquid recycling system, allowing users to maximize wattage output with the Phantom.
The Phantom Tank features a side fill hole as well as a bottom fill hole, giving users the option to fill based on preference.
Following the hallmark of tremendous vapor and flavor production, the Phantom Tank coils utilize 316 Stainless Steel wire, a new method and material that produces and enhances vape production and safety.
Paired with pure Japanese Organic Cotton, this creates an absolutely stunning vape experience. A rebuildable head is also included, allowing users to customize their vape experience even further.
Manufactured out of 304 Stainless Steel paired with a glass tank section, the Phantom Tank is the next flagship in Horizon’s line-up, bringing a new coil structure and an innovative two chamber liquid storage system.
Phantom Sub Ohm Tank Specifications
- 22mm Diameter
- 304 Stainless Steel Construction
- High Quality Glass Tank Section
- 5ml Tank Capacity
- Two Chamber Liquid Storage
- Mechanical Cooling System
- Liquid Recycling System
- Splash Proof System
- 316 Stainless Steel BTDC Sub-Ohm Coil Design
- Pure Japanese Organic Cotton
- Wide bore Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip
- Rebuildable Head Included
What Comes in the Box?
- 1 x Tank (with 0.2ohms BTDC 2 coil head)
- 1 x Extra 0.2ohm BTDC coil head
- 1 x DIY coil kit (accessories and tools included)
- 1 x User manual
We’re really impressed with the build quality of the Phantom by Horizon. It comes with no oil residue and has a clean feel.
The threading is extremely smooth and clean and you’ll find that the stainless steel tank is well-built and strong.
The coils also have a stainless steel wire that is an added bonus.
Speaking of the stainless steel coil heads, the juice holes in these feature an extra juice flow hole which can be found high up on the coil.
The coils give you a smooth and consistent vape and the wicking is excellent.
You may notice that the coils take a little longer to prime but you’ll love the flavor so it’s pretty much worth the wait.
The Horizon Phantom does allow for some really decent clouds with the best being at around 70w with 0.2ohm coils.
At this wattage, you get a little heat but nothing to worry over and there are no wicking issues to be found. 60 watts also works well but the flavor is not as strong and pronounced as it is at 70 watts which we consider the sweet spot.
At 30w – 50w, we didn’t get as much as we’d like. There’s some flavor but it’s not very pronounced and the clouds are a bit sparse.
Side Fill Capability
The Phantom by Horizon Tech has a really neat feature which is the side and bottom fill capability.
This tank has the top and bottom that are connected through the side fill, for a total of two parts.
To use the side fill, you simply hold the tank on its side and fill it – what could be easier? It works great this way and you won’t find any leaking issues with the side fill way of doing things.
However, if you want to you can use the bottom like normal.
To use the side fill though, just twist the tank and refill then twist it closed again. The Phantom comes with a capacity of 5ml so it’s pretty ample and allows you quite a bit of E Juice.
With the Horizon Phantom, you get a nice RBA kit that comes with it, including all of the accessories you need to make coils. It does come with a single pre-made coil.
This RBA has large juice holes and comes with a lot of airflow so that you get excellent wicking.
While there is nothing quite like the Horizon Phantom, here are a few tanks that are similar in nature.
- Aspire Atlantis Mega Sub Ohm BVC Tank. Introducing the Aspire Atlantis Mega Sub-Ohm BVC Tank, the largest and most capable of Aspire’s vaunted Sub-Ohm tank series. Built to synergize perfectly with Aspire’s new CF MAXX battery, the Atlantis Mega features an enormous 5 milliliter capacity coupled with quad adjustable airflow! The tank capacity holds a staggering 5 milliliters, making the Atlantis Mega a certified all day vape atomizer. The airflow features a quadruple adjustable air hole configuration, allowing for a 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm, or 3.5mm for each air hole, maximizing the potential of Aspire’s new Atlantis Sub-Ohm Coil platform. Paired with the included proprietary competition bore drip tip that also includes it’s own independently adjustable auxiliary airflow, the Atlantis Mega is ready to output tremendous vapor and flavor production. Constructed out of Stainless Steel and Pyrex, the Atlantis Mega lives up to the namesake with Aspire’s continued quality and durability standards. A perfect pairing for larger mods such as the CF MAXX and box mods with greater tank capacity and performance needs, the Aspire Atlantis Mega asserts itself as one of the top large sub ohm tanks in the market.
- Herakles Sub Ohm BVC Tank by Sense. Introducing the Herakles Sub-Ohm BVC Tank by Sense, designed to be used from 30 to 100 watts and now includes Sense’s new 0.2 ohm Coil for even more vapor. Producing outstanding amounts of vapor, the Herakles combines the best of both worlds; the ease of replaceable, ready made coil heads with the capability and flexibility to be fired at high wattage! Designed to perform in the same leagues as some of the best rebuildable atomizers, the Herakles features 6 wicking points on the tank and 5 juice entry points on the coil itself to ensure fast and consistent wicking to support the higher input. The vertical coil structure of the .6 BVC Head produces fantastic flavor and even more vapor than rival tanks, and coupled with an easily adjustable airflow control ring that provides a full variety of airflow, can be a versatile, all in one tank. Featuring a full Stainless Steel construction with a Pyrex glass tank, the Herakles can be filled with up to 3 milliliters of E Liquid. An included wide bore delrin and stainless steel drip tip allows for out of the box vapor chasing and high heat dissipation. A copper 510 connection ensures minimal voltage drop for maximal user experience! Extreme vapor production with minimal assembly and hassle.
- High Voltage Sub Ohm Tank. The High Voltage Tank makes sub-ohming easy with the very best of the sub-ohm tank genre’s innovations. They combined a rugged, yet beautifully designed stainless steel body with a pyrex tank that is protected by four rods integrated into the design. Juice capacity was integral for this tank and it holds an outstanding 5ml of juice, allowing you to vape more and refill less. The top cap is easily removable and attached to the chimney, while the chimney base is also removable to allow for easier maintenance. The base is also feature loaded, allowing multiple options in the air flow control for whether you like a tighter draw or a massive wide open airy draw. The base also features a copper pin allowing the best conductivity. The wide bore drip tip also allows for the best air flow while adding the capability of adjusting it for your liking. Even more impressive is this device allowing to pump up your regulated device to 100 watts with its innovative .2 ohm coils for maximum vapor production and featuring Japanese cotton for the purest flavor.
Pros, Cons, and Final Thoughts
There are a lot of pros to this tank and only a few cons.
For one thing, the flavor may take a while to really shine through so while it does produce great flavor, it’s not quite as consistent as we’d like.
There is also only one coil available right now – 0.2ohm BTDC coil to choose from as well as the RBA section.
Of course, the benefits are many.
The build quality is really quite impressive and we liked the side fill feature too.
The 5ml capacity is also a nice feature and the RBA section that is included is quite nice as well.
Overall, this is a really nice tank that will allow you to get a vape that is flavorful and full of excellent clouds.
The price point is around $40 so that is pretty competitive and fair for a sub ohm tank. You get a lot for the money so no complaints there.