Published on December 30th, 2015 | by Kim0
Lemo 2 Tank Review | Vape Tank Review
The Lemo 2 is the newest tank from Eleaf. The original Lemo came out in 2014 and was a huge hit.
However according to Eleaf, “The Lemo 2 is the advance version of the well-known Lemo series atomizers due to its new innovative design of a side e-liquid fill hole and the use of PEEK (the well-known high heat and corrosion resistance material) insulating piece.
Vaping becomes safer and more stable, and no more need to detach the atomizer during refilling. The fill process becomes easier and leakage can be avoided.
The inheritance of RBA head also maximizes the fun of DIY experience and could bring cloud vapor production for you.”
It sounds to us that there’s a lot of upgrades with the new one. So in this Lemo 2 tank review, we’re going to check it all out.
Specifications for the Lemo 2
- Side fill port
- Adjustable airflow
- PEEK insulating material
- Wide bore drip tip (10mm at the widest point)
- Steel and glass construction
- 3.8ml capacity
- 0.5 ohm pre-made coil fitted with organic cotton wick
- 76.2mm length
- 22mm diameter
- 510 fitting
What Comes in the Box?
- 1 x Lemo 2 Mouthpiece
- 1 x Lemo 2 Top Cap
- 1 x Glass Tube
- 1 x Atomizer Cover
- 1 x Atomizer Tube
- 1 x Coil stand
- 1 x Atomizer Base
- 1 x Pre-made Heating Coil
- 2 x Screw (small)
- 2 x Seals gasket (big)
- 3 x Silicone rub rings (small)
- 1 x Length of 0.5mm Kanthal
- 2 x Organic cotton
- 1 x Screwdriver
Obviously, you get a ton of surplus with the Lemo 2 and that’s always a good thing. Now let’s talk about PEEK and what it is exactly.
PEEK stands for Polyether Ether Ketone and this material is corrosion and heat resistant and is a colorless organic thermoplastic polymer.
In fact, it’s what they use in medical implants and is considered an advanced biomaterial. Whatever it is, it seems to be super resilient against blowing it up or dropping it on the floor. Hey, we’ll take whatever we can get.
How Does it Look?
The Eleaf Lemo 2 is pretty nice looking. First of all, it’s well-constructed what, with all of that awesome material it’s made of.
The bore tip is super wide (10mm) and with the 510 connection, it fits just about everything and sits flush. Everything about it looks pretty industrialized and that gives a classy look to it. It also looks sturdy and just has a quality appearance.
What About How it Works?
Then of course you have the side fill ability, which is really convenient. It’s easy to use and makes refilling faster and easier on the go.
All you have to do is close off the AFC ring, open the side port by sliding it, fill it up with your favorite E Juice but not quite to the top, reverse the process by sliding the door shut and putting the AFC back to where you want it.
This is so much more convenient because you don’t have to get out a screwdriver or unscrew everything just to add some juice.
The capacity on this version is smaller than the original Lemo. It used to be 5ml on the original but now it’s at 3.8ml.
This isn’t a major deal, especially if you like to switch things up with your favorite E Juices but you do have to refill more often of course.
But then again, you have that really innovative side fill port so with one loss you get another gain. There is also the wide bore tip that was mentioned earlier and redesigned airflow.
The Build Deck
One of the big differences is the earlier mentioned PEEK material that is used as insulation.
This keeps your vaping cooled down meaning you can build as low as 0.3 ohms and not worry; no packing up or melting insulator.
It is a single coil build but you can use really thick gauge wire due to the large post holes and there are a few ways you can use it.
For instance, if you like the way the original was made, you can go through the 2mm post holes and underneath the screws, or you can snare your coil under the heads of the post screws.
The chimney is also larger which accommodates larger builds. If you like the larger diameter coils, you can easily use them in the Lemo 2.
It vapes well also. At 40 watts it doesn’t even get overheated and 80vg juices don’t even give you a dry hit.
It comes with a wick and coil that is already installed and if you’re not feeling up to changing it out, you’d be impressed with how good the flavor is and how well it vapes.
The two cyclops airflow slots work great whether you like them closed up some or wide open.
Like with any rebuildable atomizer, you must take safety into consideration. Always check the resistance of your builds before you fire them.
This will help help avoid shorts and be sure you are within the limits of the battery you are using.
Similar Tanks and Clearomizers
While you won’t find another tank that has the side fill option or the PEEK material, there are those that are somewhat similar to the Lemo 2.
- Billow v2 RTA. This RTA by Ehpro has a few bells and whistles of its own. It comes with a barrel and groove exterior design with two piece chimney, the deck is designed with cotton grooves for convenient wick placement, and you can rebuild and make adjustments to your wick and coils without dumping out your juice.
- Goliath RTA. The Goliath RTA by Youde also comes with a lot of extras you’ll love. It has juice flow control, large juice channels, a heat sink top cap, and a 3ml juice capacity.
- Goblin RTA. The Goblin RTA is another tank from Youde and this one has huge adjustable airflow holes and four post holes for a seamless build.
Neither of the similar tanks are exactly like the Melo 2 but if you’re wanting to compare so you get an idea of how the Melo might perform, this is a good starting place.
Best Box Mod for the Melo 2
What is a good tank without the perfect box mod? Here are a few box mods that will work perfectly with the Melo 2.
- IPV4 100W Box Mod. The IPV4 is a box mod with power from 7W – 100W and a ton of features. This box mod is made by Pioneer4You and comes with a USB cable for updating and temperature control. You get a lot of power and the control you need to make it work best for you.
- Tesla 120W Box Mod. The Tesla 120W is a box mod from Kingzone. It has the Tesla technology and comes with 120 watts of power. You also can choose from the wooden construction or aluminum, which is a nice option and aesthetics aside, this box mod really rocks.
- Cloupor T8. The Cloupor T8 is another box mod you might just love to pair with the Lemo 2. It delivers up to 150 watts of amazing power and a CPU-controlled heat monitoring system, which works with the ventilation holes located at multiple points around the unit to keep the unit at a safe operating temperature.
No matter which box mod you pair the Melo 2 with, you’ll be sure to find the combination that gives you the most cloud production and the best flavor there is.
You really can’t go wrong with whatever box mod you choose although some claims have been made that the iStick 50W is the most perfect combination because not only does it come from the same manufacturer, but it fits as if they were indeed made for each other.
Final Verdict on the Lemo 2 by Eleaf
This seems like a very worthy tank that works well, looks good, and has great flavor and cloud production. The side slot used to refill is pretty darn awesome and the hits keep coming without a dry hit to be found.
We also love the PEEK material used on the tank and with that and the side port to refill, we think this is a keeper for sure.
The original Lemo was a good tank itself but with the upgrades on the Lemo 2, you will most likely love it as much as we do.
What’s not to love? It has a ton of stuff that you get in the box, it’s unique and innovative (we’ve used that word already but seriously, it is), and the construction is very formidable.
Besides, Eleaf is a trusted company that already has a great history of putting out products that are phenomenal and the Lemo 2 is no exception to the rule.