Published on September 23rd, 2015 | by Kim0
Matrix Tank Review | Sub-Ohm Tank
This clearomizer features huge dual airflow holes, an additional hole in the drip tip, two vertical coils, a 5ml tank, and a lot of extras that make it something definitely worth checking out.
In this Matrix Tank review, we’ll check out all of the things it has to offer and why you might want to check it out as well.
Specifications You’ll Want to Know More About
- Wattage Range: 30-80W (0.2ohm coil and0.6ohm coil)
- Tank Capacity: 5ml
- Coils Available: 0.2 or 0.6ohm
- Wicking Material: 100% Organic Japanese Cotton
- RBA: No RBA deck
- Diameter: 22mm
Matrix Tank Build Quality and Design
The look of the Matrix Tank is quite nice.
It’s pretty straightforward with a minimalist approach.
You won’t find any bright colored o-rings, but it looks like a pretty piece of machinery.
You’ll most likely like the bottom connector pin which is constructed out of silver for a better connection, and we didn’t have any leakage, which is always a huge selling point.
What’s in the Matrix Tank Kit Box?
- One Matrix Sub-Ohm Dual BVC Tank by High Voltage
- One Matrix Widebore Drip Tip with 6.5 mm auxiliary airflow
- One 0.2 ohm Matrix Coil (Pre-installed)
- One 0.6 ohm Matrix Coil
Replaceable coils are available that only fit the Matrix Tank. They are available in a pack of five and are only available at 0.2 ohms.
Product Features of the Matrix Tank
- Rectangular Coil Design for Maximum Airflow
- 0.2 ohm Matrix Coil – 30w to 80w
- 0.6 ohm Matrix Coil – 30w to 80w
- Incredible Vapor and Flavor Production
- Stainless Steel Wide bore Drip Tip with 6.5 mm wide auxiliary airflow
- 5 milliliter capacity
- Stainless Steel Construction Pyrex Tank
- 22mm in Diameter
Starting from the Dual Vertical Coil foundation, High Voltage designed the base of each Matrix coil with rectangular intake holes, increasing the airflow rate into each coil enormously.
Paired with the adjustable dual air slots the measure an amazing 14 mm each, airflow passage is ample and adjustable to allow for incredible rates.
Each coil features a large juice intake surface area in order to keep the rate of wicking efficiency extremely high so you can chain vape at a high wattage.
The Matrix is constructed from high quality Stainless Steel and Pyrex.
The tank, coil, and airflow chambers are streamlined in order to accommodate an incredible 5 milliliters within a 22 mm wide profile and competitive height, dwarfing the competitions current capacity.
The included competition bore tip also features an adjustable auxiliary air slot measuring 6.5 mm, allowing for secondary cooling to make ultra high wattage vaping cooler and more effective.
Of course we’re reviewing this specific tank but just to give you an idea of what it’s like, here are a few similar tanks you may be familiar with.
- Focloud 22mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer – With usability, convenience and performance in mind, the Focloud integrates a cutting edge vacuum system as the foundation of the device.
- Sexangle RTA by Kingtu. The Sexangle RTA by Kingtu is a rebuildable tank atomizer specifically designed for single coil use on top of regulated or mechanical box mods.
Vape Mods That are a Perfect Fit
Hey, you already have a favorite vape mod most likely, but here are some to keep in mind just in case you’re looking around for something to pair up with the Matrix Tank.
- IPV4 100W Temperature Controlled Box Mod by Pioneer4you – The IPV4 by Pioneer4you features an upgraded Yihi chip with 100w and temperature control capabilities.
- iStick 50Wby Eleaf – This version features sub-ohm resistance reading capability down to 0.2Ω. Suited to top out at a whopping 50 watts or 10 volts (depending on which setting you’re vaping on), the iStick 50W gives out sufficient power.
- MVP 3 Pro – The MVP 3.0 Pro is Innokin’s latest vape mod and is a much improved version over the original, which lacked a bit of wattage and couldn’t fire down low enough for low resistance builds.
- Use special caution when working with Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells, as they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled.
- Make sure the user has enough knowledge of Li-Ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells in charging, discharging, assembly and storage before use.
- Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface.
- Never leave charging batteries unattended.
- Do not use any rechargeable battery as well as any battery charger if any visible damage is present, as well as if the cell or charger has been stressed through mishandling, accidental or otherwise, even if damage may not be visible.
- Never use sub ohm tanks on hybrid mech mods.
- Make sure the device/battery you are using it on is capable of running the low resistance coils.
Are There Any Cons to the Matrix Tank?
There are a couple of little annoyances with this tank. While none of them are deal breakers, these are things you might want to know about first.
- The drip tip can be a bit unstable. It may not fall out or anything but it can be a bit of an annoyance when vaping.
- The Matrix will get a bit hot when used, especially with high wattage and using the 0.2 coil. For someone who likes to build their own coils, this is a big concern.
- This isn’t a huge deal or anything but you will notice some E Juice collects in the drip tip well and that can be annoying.
- Last but not least, you won’t find an RBA section in the Matrix Sub Ohm tank and if you like to rebuild your own coils, this is something else to be aware of. There is no word on whether or not this will be offered in the future so keep that in mind too.
With an incredible feature set, top level performance, beautiful fit and finish, and a very competitive price, the Matrix Tank is an absolute must add to every collection.
You’ll find that you can get massively huge cloud production and really fantastic flavor.
Of course it has its drawbacks with the cons we mentioned earlier.
Other than what we mentioned, this is really an impressive tank.
The sweet spots seem to be around 30 – 80 watts on the 0.2 ohm coil and the same on the 0.6 ohm coil with the most perfect vaping at around 60 – 70 watts on each.
An important note – Never use a short or flat 510 connection on any hybrid or hybrid style device.
If unsure whether this pertains to your particular set-up, DO NOT assemble and use.