Published on December 30th, 2015 | by Kim0
Sigelei 150W TC Mod Review | Vape Mod Review
The new Sigelei 150W Temp Control improves on an already terrific device by adding temperature control function plus a bold new design.
Pure matte black, geometric lines, and their new embossed logo, Sigelei has significantly increased their visuals when it came to upgrading their classic 150w’s newest successor.
An ingenious separate metal 510 connector, the Sigelei 150W TC will stay slick and new even if you screw on your atomizer a bit too tight.
No more unsightly scratches and that annoying contrasting ‘o’ left behind. Sigelei has even included design upgrades when it came to their infamous magnetic battery door.
Managing to improve on the already perfect battery swapping system seen on most regulated box mods to date, Sigelei has added an ingenious thumb slot (fitting in seamlessly with their geometric lines) that makes sliding the magnetic door off a breeze.
The key to the new design is that it is no longer a squarish box.
The new Sigelei 150 has rounded corners that fit better in the hand, feel better in the pocket, and is easier on the eyes. In this Sigelei 150W Mod review, we’ll look at all it has to offer.
Specs and Features
- Dimensions: 4″ x 2-1/4″ x 1″
- Battery life readout in real time
- Aluminum Alloy box
- Variable Wattage: 10 – 150W
- Output Voltage: 1 – 7.5V
- Resistance: 0.1 – 3.0 ohm
- Battery Voltage: 6.4 – 8.4V
- Takes two 18650 batteries (Sold Separately)
- Maximum Current: 35 amps No charging port
- Temperature Range: 100-300°C / 212-572°F
- Spring loaded 510 connection
- Magnetic battery compartment door
- Reverse battery/ Low voltage protection/Low Resistance Protection Input high voltage warning
- Chip runs cool to avoid overheating
- Wattage adjustable
- Temperature Control Functionality
A little while back, Sigelei focused on production of the Sigelei 150W with temperature control and that is definitely a good thing.
The big news is that the temperature control has been added – something the original did not have.
The other big benefit is the unique design. Instead of looking like a box, it has this pretty cool geometric shape within the metal that gives it a futuristic look instead of just a plain or classic look.
What Comes in the Box?
- 1 x Sigelei 150W TC Box Mod
- 1 x Silicone Sleeve
- 1 x User Manual
How Does it Look?
Like we mentioned, the new look is unique and innovative. Sure, there are other box mods that have a pretty neat look but this one is one of our favorites. The Sigelei 150W doesn’t need extra done work to it.
This means you really don’t have to buy skins or paint it. Now you can get the silicone case that is sold as an accessory, but honestly, it doesn’t need it. The Sigelei 150w Temp Control already is pure awesome.
Even the logo is engraved into the metal and screen printed with color for a pure quality effect.
The other thing is that while this is a larger sized box mod, it easily fits into your pocket with the rounded corners that make it easy to slip into a space that is harder for a squared edge.
The battery door is even engineered to work more precise and easier.
For one thing, it’s made out of metal which not only makes it look nicer but it’s kind of a nice safety feature as well. A well-constructed metal vape is safer when using 18650 batteries.
The Sigelei 150w Temp Control not only uses magnets to hold the door in place, but it also slides into a slit so when the door is on there is no way that it is coming off, even accidentally.
This is designed to contain a battery mishap and keep in mind that metal won’t melt as easily as plastic.
Similar Box Mods
Here are a few similar box mods that you can use as a comparison to the Sigelei 150W Box Mod:
- IPV3 Li 165W TC Box. The IPV3 Li V2 by Pioneer4You is one of the most feature packed box mods in today’s market, combining 165 Watts of adjustable power, temperature control functions, and a magnetic door, now coming in an all new finish! Utilizing two 18650 batteries (not included) , the IPV3 Li V2 uses a YiHi SX330V3SL Chip, providing incredible accuracy and range, firing resistances from 0.1 to 3.0 ohms with adjustments from 10 to 99.9 Watts in increments of 0.1 Watts, and 100 to 165 Watts in increments of 1 Watt. With efficiency ratings of over 95%, the IPV3 Li is truly the current pinnacle of regulated box mods. Fully integrated temperature control is also present, with adjustments from 212 to 572 degrees Fahrenheit, firing temperature mode resistances down to 0.05 ohms. Manufactured out of Aluminum, the IPV3 Li V2 features a magnetic battery door. A spring-loaded brass 510 connection makes adjustment and atomizer connection consistent and hassle free. Utilizing the Micro USB port, user’s will also have the opportunity to upgrade the IPV3 Li V2 to 200 Watts once the firmware update becomes available.
- Sigelei 75W TC Box. The Sigelei 75W TC Temperature Control Mod is a compact, fully featured dual output mode device with temperature control and an atomizer minimum resistance of 0.05 ohms, providing enough power for nearly every Sub-Ohm Tank and rebuildable atomizer on the market. Utilizing a single 18650 Battery (Sold Separately), the Sigelei 75W TC has a power range of 5 to 75W, with increments of 0.1W. The temperature control feature also allows for a range of 212 to 662 degrees F and 100 to 350 degrees C, making it more than capable of handling appropriately built Ni200 Nickel atomizers. Manufactured out of high grade Aluminum Alloy, the Sigelei 75W TC features dual cutaway cover plates, allowing for incredibly easy battery access along with the potential for customization. Fully featured in a compact size, the Sigelei 75W TC asserts itself as a marquee compact box mod.
- IPV D2 75W by Pioneer4you. The IPV D2 75W Temperature Control Mod by Pioneer4you builds upon the legacy of the IPV series, specifically redesigning the IPV Mini series by integrating a temperature control module along with increases in power and resistance range. Focusing on a foundation of form factor and usability without the sacrifice of power and performance, the IPV D2 utilizes a single 18650 battery (sold separately) with a chipset range of 7 to 75W in standard wattage output mode and a temperature range of 200 to 580 degrees Fahrenheit. Resistance ranges have been improved over the original, with a minimum resistance in VW mode of 0.2 ohms and a minimum resistance in TC mode of 0.05 ohms. Manufactured out of high grade materials, the IPV D2 features a sliding ball locking system, making battery access quick and easy. The Spring Loaded 510 Connector makes RDA, RTA, and Sub-Ohm Tank flush mounting hassle free with consistently strong conductivity. Compact without sacrificing power, the IPV D2 75W Temperature Control Mod by Pioneer4you is the next evolution of one of the finest box mod manufacturer’s today.
Tanks to Use
Here are a few suggestions of temperature control tanks you might like to pair up with the Sigelei:
- Tesla Vortek TC Sub Tank. The Vortek TC Sub Tank has a unique and appealing design. It’s feature rich, offering a 7ML e-liquid capacity, adjustable airflow, a unique juice flow system, and a large 12mm inner-diameter drip tip. Its performance relies heavily on a 0.2ohm coil head and a 0.5ohm coil head that’s made of Ni200 and rated for up to 80 watts. The Tesla Vortek TC Sub Tank is truly a performing beauty.
- Eleaf GS Air TC Sub Ohm Tank. The Eleaf GS Air TC Tank is a compact temperature controlled designed platform that has an outstanding 3ml capacity for the size, adjustable airflow, and a newly revised GS Air TC Coil Head made with pure organic cotton. Measuring just over 30mm, the GS Air TC Tank is a perfect compliment to the Eleaf iStick 40W TC, combining for a sleek, compact, and temperature controlled set-up. Each GS Air TC Coil is manufactured utilizing Ni200 Nickel and pure organic cotton, measuring out to 0.15 ohms. When used with temperature controlled devices, the GS Air TC produces intense flavor. Airflow is controlled with a simple twist, and features up to four air holes. Manufactured out of high grade Stainless Steel and Glass, despite its small form factor the GS Air TC Tank has a tank capacity of 3ml, giving it great range. Compact and built specifically for an everyday carry set-up, the Eleaf GS Air TC Tank is an absolute must have for temperature control enthusiasts.
The Sigelei 150W TC Mod has a great look and excellent performance. The buttons are very clicky and as we mentioned, the aesthetics of this device are spot on.
There is a little caveat to all of this awesomeness – unless you’re familiar with Joules, this box may be quite complicated for you.
Since temp control boards regulate the temperature of the coil, at a specific watt upper range, your device will read a change in Joules while you fire your device. However, if that’s something you’re used to then this may be just the device for you.