Published on September 24th, 2015 | by Kim0
Smowell Hatrick Tank Review | Sub-Ohm Tank
The Hatrick Triple Coil Sub-Ohm Tank by Smowell is one of the newest in the industry.
It’s built around a fully independent triple vertical coil system for an outstanding vaping production, an easy to use top fill system, and high grade materials and plating.
The Hatrick is built around a triple vertical coil system that utilizes three completely independent coil structures, with each individual coil manufactured using USA Made Kanthal and organic cotton, utilizing its own contact point at the gold plated 510 base and each coil integrating its own slotted wicking ports.
This allows for the 0.2 ohm triple coil is withstand an utterly tremendous 120W maximum input, pairing perfectly with the iPV4S and iPV3 Li.
Each Hatrick Triple Coil Core utilizes a dual o-ring sealing system, with counter pressure provided by aligning the three vapor funneling tubes and screwing the base to the vape tank section.
Unified at a point just below the drip tip, the vapor produced from each coil joins together for tremendous vapor production supplied by the dual slotted adjustable airflow that measures 13mm by 2mm each.
An easy to use top fill system makes filling a breeze.
Manufactured utilizing high grade stainless steel and glass, the Hatrick features a 3.5ml tank capacity alongside gold plated 510 connections, ensuring good conductivity.
An absolute behemoth and great performance tank in a sleek 22mm chassis, the Hatrick Triple Coil Sub-Ohm Tank by Smowell is sure to satisfy the most demanding vapor enthusiasts.
In this Smowell Hatrick Tank review, we’ll look at all it has to offer and why you might want to check it out for yourself.
Specs at a Glance
- Wattage Range: 30-120W
- Tank Capacity: 3.5ml
- Coils Available: 0.2ohm and 0.5ohm Triple Coils
- Wicking material: 100% Organic Cotton
- Diameter: 22mm
Features of the Smowell Hatrick
- 22mm Diameter
- 3.5ml Tank Capacity
- Triple Coil Core System Three Independent Vertical Coil
- 0.2 ohm Optimized for 30 to 120W
- 0.5 ohm Optimized for 30 to 80W
- Each Coil Has Own Contact Point
- Slotted Wicking Ports
- USA Made Kanthal
- Organic Cotton
- Pressure Fitted and Counter Pressure Secured
- Top Fill System
- 13mm by 2mm Dual Adjustable Airflow
- Stainless Steel Wide bore Drip Tip
- High Grade Stainless Steel and Glass Construction
- Gold Plated 510 Connector
What’s in the Box?
- One Hatrick Triple Coil Sub-Ohm Tank by Smowell
- One 0.2 ohm Triple Coil Core (Preinstalled)
- One 0.5 ohm Triple Coil Core
How Does it Look?
The aesthetics of the Smowell Hatrick are pretty nice and classy looking.
It has a stainless steel design with red o-rings which is attractive and a little industrialized looking.
Features We Loved
The top fill feature is one thing that was really great on this tank.
Since it produces a boatload of vapor, you won’t have to constantly take it off of your mod in order to refill it and that’s a huge plus.
The airflow is another plus on this sub ohm tank.
It has two big airflow slots on both sides of the tank and that really helps it give the best airflow possible.
How About the Clouds?
The Smowell Hatrick produces massive clouds. In fact, it has some of the best we’ve seen in a sub ohm tank.
You’ll be using a lot of E Juice on this one but if you love chasing clouds then you’ll love this tank.
Here is a breakdown of how well it vaped at different wattage settings.
The best vaping range for flavor and clouds was between 90w and 110w and you may know from some of the other reviews, that’s a pretty nice range and pretty rare.
At 100 watts there was a huge amount of clouds and the flavor was phenomenal. Now the tank got pretty hot at this wattage so do keep that in mind.
Even at 110 watts it was just awesome but again, the vapor is going to be a little on the hot side.
Now in the smaller wattage like 30 watts to around 80 watts, the cloud production was quite nice and impressive but the flavor wasn’t coming through as much, so it was not the optimum wattage that we liked.
Here are a few tanks that you might find similar, just to get a good idea of what the Smowell Hatrick is like:
- Horizon Phantom Sub Ohm Tank – The Horizon Phantom Sub-Ohm Tank is the evolution of the Arctic Sub-Ohm Tank, introducing a two chamber liquid storage system, holding a tremendous 5ml of e-liquid while improving upon the extraordinary performance of Horizon’s coil systems.
- Joyetech Delta II Tank – Joyetech has stepped up their game to created an all new tank system to rival Atlantis, and Sub-Tank. Introducing the revolutionary Joyetech Delta II Tank with adjustable juice control!
- Smoktech TCT Temperature Control Dual Coil Tank – The Smoktech TCT is the first tank specifically designed for use with temperature controlled devices such as the HB DNA40 and the Vapor Shark rDNA, bringing together a full feature set with an affordable price point.
What About Mods?
Here are some mods that you might like to pair with the Smowell Hatrick.
- Sigelei 150W TC Temperature Control Mod – The Sigelei 150W TC Temperature Control Mod is the evolution of Sigelei’s highly regarded box mod line-up, integrating a 150W output coupled with temperature control capabilities, and an ergonomic dual magnetized door and form factor. t.
- Vmesh X1 150W Box Mod by Heatvape – The VMesh X1 150W Box Mod by Heatvape is an affordable, ultra powered mechanical mod that combines a stylish exterior with rock solid power and a 75A 3500mAh integrated battery for top notch performance and portability.
This is a pretty impressive tank. It’s not perfect by any means, but we do like it.
Some of the things we didn’t like was that the tank capacity is not that ample – in fact, at around 3.5ml you will probably have to add E Juice quite often.
There is also a “wait” to taste the flavor; you have to get pretty high in the wattage to taste it. However, even with these negatives the tank has plenty of positives that you’ll love too.