Published on December 30th, 2015 | by Kim0
SXK Zero V3 TC 60w Mod Review | Vape Mod Review
The SXK Zero V3 is one sweet looking device, the pattern looks pretty good and the curves fit into your hand like a glove.
It’s powered by a removable battery and a spring loaded 510 center pin which are two really great benefits when you’re choosing a new mod.
Also much like everything else coming out, the SXK Zero V3 mod has temperature control so you won’t get any dry hits when using a nickel coil.
And let’s face it, dry hits or that burnt taste is the worst thing ever! It’s also backed by 60 watts of power so this SXK Zero V3 should fit most vaper’s needs. In this SXK Zero V3 TC 60W Mod review we’ll take a look at everything this device has to offer.
Specifications of the SXK Zero V3 TC 60W Mod
- 510 threaded connection
- Spring-loaded center pin
- Variable wattage – can be adjustable from 1W to 60W (in 0.1W increments)
- Temperature control: 200-600’F(AKA 100-300’C)
- Resistance range: 0.06-5ohm (normal working) / 1ohm (standard load)
- Micro USB charging port
- Short circuit protection
- Low voltage warning
- High temperature alarm function
- Uses single 18650 battery (sold separately)
This mod goes from 1 to 60 watts in 0.1 increments. And, it also goes from 200 to 600’F on a resistance range of 0.06 to 5 ohm (normal working) / 1 ohm (standard load). The fire button is very clicky and large so it’s easy to use and the display is quite nice and easily visible. It asks if you are attaching a new coil and shows everything like the voltage, battery power, and more.
How to Use It
- Three clicks of the Fire button in rapid succession with toggle between lock/unlock mode.
- In lock mode, the system does not fire and the OLED will display a Lock icon.
- Three more presses in rapid succession to unlock. Five clicks in rapid succession will get you to the main menu.
- Once you are in the main menu, the function you look at will have directional arrows.
- Lean the device in the direction of the arrow to adjust.
- The Left Chevron ( < ) is the same as the Minus button, and the Right Chevron ( > ) is the same as the Plus button.
- Click the Fire button again to cycle through the available features.
- There are three only: Wattage adjustment, Exit, and System. The Wattage adjustment will cycle through the full range in 0.1 watt increments.
- Once it reaches the minimum wattage supported (1.0) you have to go in the other direction to reach the maximum (60.0). Same when you reach the maximum, you have to go in the other direction to lower.
- The Exit is for you to exit the menu, just lean the device in any direction to exit the device.
- The System is for you to power down completely. Lean to the right or left to get the “Byebye” message and power down.
- To restart the system, five clicks in rapid succession.
Features of the SXK Zero V3 TC
- Temperature Control Function: 200’F-600’F (10’F increments) / 100’C-300’C (5’C increments)
- Low voltage, short circuit, low resistance, high resistance, and high temperature warning
- Voltage 1.0 – 8.4 Volts
- Wattage 1 – 60 Watts
- Input voltage 3.0 – 4.35 volts
- 0.06 ohm – 5.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance
- Solid stainless steel frame
- Sandblasted stainless steel sleeve
- Stainless steel 510 with adjustable copper pin
- OLED Screen DC to DC flat signal
- Dimensions: 84×47.8×25 mm
- Lock/Unlock feature
- Takes a single 18650 battery (not included)
- Charging via on board USB with LED indicator
- USB Charge cable included
As with any box mod like this, there are a few safety features that you’ll appreciate such as:
- Short circuit protection
- Low voltage warning
- High temperature alarm function
Always make sure that there is a lock for the firing pin/button. The most common are those that are reverse threaded and require an unscrew to lock the firing pin/button on mech mods, or multiple clicks of the firing button on regulated devices.
Check your mod for air-holes. Air holes (aka vents) are incredibly important in letting gases escape your mod if the battery is compromised. Air holes are your friend, make sure they act like it.
Make sure your batteries aren’t overcharged or undercharged. Do this by checking their volts. We like to check battery voltage when we think they are getting close to needing a recharge. Run them too low repeatedly and they have shortened life, way too low and they are toast. We check coil resistance any time that we mess with or build a new wick and coil. If you draw too many amps from your battery, you will have a serious safety issue. Always be aware of the mod’s temperature during use. Any part of it heating up is an issue that needs to be resolved, or it can become serious.
Similar Box Mods
Here are a few box mods that are a little similar in nature so you can have a feel for what the SXK Zero V3 TC 60w Mod is like as well. Hey, they’re all unique in their own way but if you’re new to the box mod or one of this style, this may help you out.
- Pioneer4you IPV2S 60W Box Mod. The Pioneer4You iPV2S 60W Box Mod has all the same great features of the iPV2 50W Box Mod with some great improvements. As far as aesthetics, the iPV2S has smoother rounded edges and the buttons which are recessed and much more ‘clicky’ to the touch. This mod also has an innovative memory feature. Clearly, the most notable change is the new 60W limit! If you’re in the market for an all day regulated box mod, The iPV2S 60W Box Mod is a fantastic choice.
- SMY 60W Box Mod. The SMY 60W is a 60 watt box mod that utilizes high-end materials. SMY used an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy shell structure and carbon fiber side inlays. The internal chip has an advanced full-feature menu. While this device is on, simply push the fire button three times to get to the interface. This mod has a huge color OLED screen. The screen reflects a treasure trove of data about the operations of the device like voltage input, amperage out and puff counter. There is a gauge on the bottom that resembles a tachometer, as well, which serves as a measure of operational wattage. New screws for the battery door are included, already installed. These keep the battery door firm on the mod.
- Joyetech Evic-VT 60W 5000mAh Full Kit. The Joyetech eVic-VT 60 Watt Box Mod is the next evolution in Joyetech’s storied designs, combining 60 watts of power, temperature control, a massive 5000mAh battery bank, and beautiful fit and finishes, all at an incredible price. An evolution of Joyetech’s eVic flagship line, the eVic-VT comes equipped with an incredibly detailed and high resolution OLED screen, with temperature and wattage mode, power, resistance, and battery readouts. One of the key implementations is the dual temperature mode capability, with compatibility with both nickel and titanium temperature outputs. The eGo One Mega VT tank comes ready with titanium and nickel coil heads, colored red and blue correspondingly, allowing the user to use the eVic-VT’s newest feature set right out of the box. Each coil also comes fitted with gold plated connectors and organic cotton, increasing both the accuracy of conductivity and flavor recreation. A traditional wattage based power output is also available, with a minimum resistance capability of .15 ohms, with wattage adjustments from 1 to 60 watts, capable of powering today’s most popular Sub Ohm Tanks, such as the Atlantis 2, Delta II, and Sub-Tank series. An easily accessible adjustment knob is positioned prominently on the top of the device, and in conjunction with the button placement, allows for one handed use, adjustment, and operation. Available in three distinct styles, the eVic-VT Full Kit also includes a silicon sleeve to protect the beautiful finishes.
Tanks to Use
Of course you can find quite a few tanks that you’ll love to pair up with this device and you can always build your own coils. If you do want to use a tank, here are a few you might like:
- Kanger Sub Tank Plus. Introducing the Kanger SubTank Plus in Black, a full svelte package that includes the 0.15 ohm Ni200 Nickel OCC Coil, the RBA Plus Head, and a 80W max output 0.2 OCC Coil! The Sub-Tank Plus in Black comes included with the Kanger 0.15 Ohm Ni200 Nickel OCC Coil, compatible with temperature controlled devices, allowing for a greater control of vape experience. The new 0.2 ohm OCC Coil also comes included, with a maximum wattage of 80W, allowing for tremendous vapor production. The Black SubTank Plus retains the 7.0ml capacity of the original, alongside the set, gold plated 510 connector. The Mini RBA Plus Base gives the flexibility and capability to greatly fine tune coil configurations, making the Black SubTank Plus compatible with nearly any capable output device. Manufactured out of 304 Stainless Steel, then coated with a rich black color, the Kanger SubTank in Black is not only a beautiful new edition of one of the most beloved platforms in the industry, but also comes loaded with the newest OCC Coil structures from Kanger.
- Horizon Phantom Tank. The Horizon Phantom Sub-Ohm Tank is the evolution of the Arctic Sub-Ohm Tank, introducing a two chamber liquid storage system, holding a tremendous 5ml of e-liquid while improving upon the extraordinary performance of Horizon’s coil systems. The two chamber liquid system features a mechanical cooling design that also doubles as a splash proof and liquid recycling system, allowing users to maximize wattage output with the Phantom. The Phantom Tank features a side fill hole as well as a bottom fill hole, giving users the option to fill based on preference. Following the hallmark of tremendous vapor and flavor production, the Phantom Tank coils utilize 316 Stainless Steel wire, a new method and material that produces and enhances vape production and safety. Paired with pure Japanese Organic Cotton, this creates an absolutely stunning vape experience. A rebuildable head is also included, allowing users to customize their vape experience even further. Manufactured out of 304 Stainless Steel paired with a glass tank section, the Phantom Tank is the next flagship in Horizon’s line-up, bringing a new coil structure and an innovative two chamber liquid storage system.
This is a nice box mod that not only looks good but feels great in your hand. It’s easy to use, has a ton of features, and would be a great device for anyone looking for a 60 watt box mod that performs.