Published on December 30th, 2015 | by Kim0
VT 200W TC Mod Review
HCigar is following up the release of their extremely popular VT40 with the brand new HCigar VT200 box mod.
The HCigar VT200 is a temperature control box mod that also has standard wattage mode all the way up 200 watts.
This fantastic looking box mod will be using a genuine Evolv DNA-200 board.
In this VT200W TC Mod review, we’ll look at the features, benefits, and even similar mods so you can decide if you love it as much as we do.
Featuring a full set of features including variable wattage from 1 Watt to 200 Watts of output power, temperature control, and a fully integrated software suite that allows the user to connect the device to a computer for full customization of all features and display screen for the unit.
- TC 200F – 600F
- Range of wattage: 5W – 200W
- Thread: 510
- Material: Aluminum
- Range of resistance: 0.2 – 2.0 ohm
Specifications at a Glance
- Type: Regulated/Temperature Controlled
- Brand: HCigar
- Accessories type: MOD
- Genuine Evolv DNA200 chip
- 0.911″ OLED Screen
- Temperature Protection (Celsius and Fahrenheit)
- Automatically wire detection (Ni200 or standard)
- Lower Lock Mode
- Stealth Mode
- Power Preset Mode
- Resistance Lock
- Preheat Step up/step down
- Adjusting brass center pin (spring loaded 510 connector)
- Battery: 3s Lipo battery, easy to replace (included)
- Output power: 1-200 Watts
- Output voltage: 1-9 Volts
- Temperature range: 200F to 600F (~100°C-300°C)
- Resistance (temperature sensing wire): 0.08Ω-1.0Ω
- Resistance (standard wire): 0.1Ω-2.0Ω
- Size: Length 48mm, width 24mm, height 100mm, weight 150g
What Comes in the Box?
- 1x Hcigar VT 200 Box Mod
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Warranty Card
- 1 x 3S Li-po 1300mAh battery
Battery Power and Threading
Powered by an 11.1V 1300mAh 30C lithium-polymer pack, this battery outputs an equivalent of approximately 4200mAh compared to what we’re used to with 18650 batteries.
This battery pack is included with the device, is replaceable, and may be available for additional purchase at a later date. The typical charge time for this device is around four to four and a half hours.
Threading is the popular 510 threading so you can use your favorite sub ohm tank on this mod.
How Does it Look?
This high strength yet comfortable to hold box mod is designed with a metal frame, with magnetically attached side panels for easy access to the battery.
It comes in an array of colors which include silver, black, and blue. It has a slick but calming design that looks smooth and comfortable.
The firing button is large and easy to access and the screen is easy to read with the wattage being the largest readout.
The Evolv DNA200 regulated variable wattage power control board has temperature control features through voltage step up/down topology.
Use special caution when working with Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells, as they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled. Make sure the user has enough knowledge of
Li-Ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells in charging, discharging, assembly and storage before use.
Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface. Never leave charging batteries unattended.
Do not use any rechargeable battery as well as any battery charger if any visible damage is present, as well as if the cell or charger has been stressed through mishandling, accidental or otherwise, even if damage may not be visible.
Always store and transport rechargeable cells in a safe, non-conductive container in a controlled environment. Dispose of all battery cells and chargers in accordance to local laws and mandates.
Every mod has something unique about it but we like to include a few that are similar just so you can compare them. Here are a few 200 watt mods that will give you an idea of what this one is like:
- Snow Wolf 200W TC Box Mod. The Snow Wolf 200W TC Box Mod now comes in a classy champagne glass trim, and is a compact, ultra powerful box mod that has one of the top output ranges for a device at 5 to 200W, a temperature control range from 212 to 662 degrees Fahrenheit, with a minimum atomizer resistance of 0.05 ohms. The new limited run Champagne trim features Champagne Gold glass paneling with a stainless steel trim. It supports to two 18650 high drain batteries (sold separately) in series, with a maximum output of 200W. Pairing with the enormous wattage output, the Champagne Snow Wolf also features temperature control output, supporting Ni200 Nickel builds. This gives it great flexibility and the foundation to be used with practically every atomizer in today’s market. Featuring a beautiful OLED Screen, the display shows output wattage, output voltage, output temperature, atomizer resistance, and battery life in an organized cluster. Constructed out of high grade metals, the Champagne Snow Wolf 200W TC features a Stainless Steel trim with champagne glass front and back panels. A spring loaded contact ensures proper atomizer fitting while a dual magnetized flush door is easily removed and accessed. Featuring a completely loaded feature set with top tier power, a beautiful fit and form, and an incredible price, the Limited Edition Snow Wolf 200W TC Box Mod is set to make a major splash in today’s box mod market.
- Surric X 200W Box Mod. The Surric X 200W Box Mod is a high powered, easy to use device that has a 200W maximum output utilizing a proprietary chipset from Surric, featuring a rocker nutton for wattage adjustment, two 18650 batteries (sold separately), an intuitive wattage indicator, all in a stylish and affordable package. The Surric X utilizes its own proprietary chip, capable of a maximum wattage of 200W, and is adjusted from a baseline of 7W using a rocker button. An indication light located at the top of the Surric X changes color upon different wattage ranges. The Surric X utilizes two high amperage 18650 batteries in series (not included), easily accessible from the cutout dual magnetized door. The Stainless Steel 510 features a spring loaded brass pin for increased conductivity, coupled with hassle free atomizer flush fitting. Affordable, powerful, and stylish, the Surric X 200W Box Mod is a must have for cloud chasers.
- Tesla 200W TC Box Mod. The Tesla 200W TC Box Mod is a polished, ultra powerful device that has an incredible output range up to 200 watts, powered by two 18650 high drain batteries. It features temperature control function, supporting Ni200 Nickel builds, and minimum atomizer resistance of 0.08 ohms, providing the perfect foundation and flexibility to power today’s latest sub-ohm temperature controlled tank. It is constructed with a high-grade aluminum body, carbon fiber finish, and a clear OLED Display for an elegant look. The Tesla 200W TC Box Mod is a completely loaded feature set with premium power, beautiful fit and form, and offered at an incredible value.
Tanks to Use
I always say that you most likely have your favorite tank that you like to use. However, just in case you don’t or are looking for something new, here are a few tanks that will pair up nicely with the VT200.
- Horizon Phantom Micro Sub Ohm Tank. Horizon Phantom Micro is the Phantom Tank’s smaller cousin. The juice collection system prevents spit back and saturates the coil. The BTDC II coil heads are used in this atomizer, which do not fit the Arctic tank.
- Smok TFV4 Tank. The Smok TFV4 tank is in a league of its own. With quad coils that can handle 140 watts or triple coils that pull 130 watts, this atomizer is amazing. Very airy with airflow from the drip tip and the base.
- Goliath V2 RTA Tank by Youde. The Goliath V2 RTA is a builder’s dream tank. It also has the ability to take Youde’s ROCC coil heads. Switch out the o-rings to match your setup.
The HCigar VT200 is powered by the authentic DNA 200 chip by Evolv. The DNA 200 is a power regulated DC-DC converter with digital switch-mode for personal vaporizers.
It features Evolv’s patented wattage control, temperature protection, preheat, OLED screen, and waterproof on-board buttons.
The DNA 200 is powered by a 3 cell lithium polymer battery and features cell-by-cell battery monitoring and an integrated 1A balance charger.
This should be ready to ship around September 15th or so 2015 and seems to be competitively priced to similar mods.
It has a lot of features that many will like, but of course the big thing is the game changing DNA 200.
You’ll love it much more than the DNA 40 and of course, there’s the 4200mAh that is nice as well.
All in all, we’re impressed with this device and think that it will make a nice addition to any vaper’s collection.